Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Fun!

The 3rd, 4th and 5th were a lot of fun! We went to the pool party Sat. My in law's Sun then to Old Alabama Town Park to see the fireworks from the Biscuits stadium. Monday we went to Auburn to Chewacla State Park and the boys had a blast! It is a lot of fun. If you are local you should check it out for sure. Its a great man made lake with about a 20 foot+ diving board that both my daredevils jumped off of! Dog friendly, Canoe and kayaking friendly. Picnic areas, a beautiful waterfall to hike to. Best of all town is less than a mile away!!! You feel like you are in the wilderness but you can get to a Mickey D's in minutes! They want to go back and camp out there. I think that will be a great idea for the fellas and Tyleigh Eden and I will just go on over to my sister in law Sydney's house and stay when its bed time!!

Although the drive is about 30-45 minutes it seems much less because you are on the interstate the whole time. And without stops and slowing traffic etc. its better for gas and you get there quicker! Ben wants a kayak now!! He wants to trade or sell his Bianchi bike for a kayak. Hopefully that will work out for him! I think he and the boys would enjoy it. I'm good as long as I don't have to paddle.. lazy =) !! he he

The park was a little dirty but considering it is outdoors I guess that is typical. The restroom facility seemed very unattended which is a shame because it is a beautiful pavilion that the restroom area is built in.... All in all a good place though.
Well check out the park and visit sometime! http://www.alapark.com/chewacla/

No comments:

Post a Comment