Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Alphabet Woof by Sherrie A. Madia


Alphabet Woof
written by Sherrie A. Madia
Illustrated by Patrick Carlson


Alphabet Woof is a fun and humorous rhyming story of a Moxy the dog who eats Aunt Mable's magical alphabet soup and is able to speak.
Once the press finds out about Moxy's speaking abilities he gets called to do a talk show and becomes famous.
It turns out that fame was not exactly what he bargained for. What he really loved about his new found voice was the ability to communicate with the people he loved, his family.


So after the big new house and all his pampering he tells his family that he really just wants to go home. The Mom in the story agrees and they return home to a welcoming Aunt Mable!
Aunt Mable wants to hear all Moxy has to say which ends up being nothing! I think Moxy was tired!

From what I gather from the story is sometimes we wish for things that we think are important while overlooking the blessings right in front of our faces! The soup and talking dog were just a creative way to help get that lesson across! I enjoyed reading the book with my children and I think they enjoyed it to!

They also enjoyed the colorful comic like illustration. By purchasing this fun book you will also be helping support the SPCA. That is very important to me as an animal lover!


Disclosure~ I was given a copy of Alphabet Woof for review. All opinions expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment