Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Really Wooly Bible Stories Review


Really Woolly Bible Stories
by Bonnie Rickner Jensen
We read alot of different Bible story books for children. Some are better than others in my opinion. Unfortunately this would be one of the lesser favorite books that we have read. Do not get me wrong it is not bad but I do prefer a book that gives more Biblical detail and not one that just seems to be rhyming to the next word.
The illustration and colors are cute. I also like the fact that the author did put scripture after each story. I just feel like some important parts of the Bible were left out of some of the stories. The book just confused my children. As for instance in the story of Joseph it says "Jealous brothers, evil plan in a well it all began." Great for rhyming but tells my children nothing as far as why Josephs brothers were jealous or even that he was pushed in a well and sold into slavery.
Again, it is not a bad book and if you want to go into the Bible as you read the book and explain the rhymes to the children this would be the book for you. I just prefer a book that lays it out for them to understand.
Disclosure~ I was given a copy of this book for review. All opinions expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment